The Chelan-Douglas Land Trust and Columbia Valley Community Health invite you to hike for your health! To register, please click here!
Hike for your Health
CVCH & the Chelan-Douglas Land Trust invite you to join us for the 2019 Hike for Your Health Series! Enjoy free recreation, improve your health, be part of a team, enjoy giveaways and be entered for a chance to win one of many grand prizes! Enrolling is easy, and only takes five minutes. Click here to enroll and stay informed about upcoming hikes!
Dates of Hikes
- March 16: Check-in from 9-11 AM, Dry Gulch Road (2.4 miles, 1.5 hours)
- April 20: Check in from 9-11, Chelan River Trail (3.4 miles, 2 hours)
- May 18: (Co-event with Girls on the Run) Check-in from 9-11 AM, Apple Capitol Loop Trail (3.2 miles, 1 – 1.5 hours)
- June 15: Check in 9-11, Lake Clara (3 miles, 2.5 hours)
- July 20: Check-in from 7-9 AM, Jacobson Preserve (1.3 miles, 1 – 1.5 hour)
- August 17: Check-in from 9-11, Stormy Creek (Entiat River Valley) (1 mile, 1-1.5 hours)
- September 21: Check-in from 9-11 AM, Odabashian to Coyote Dunes (2.6 miles, 1.5 hours)
- October 19: Check-in from 9-11 AM, Saddle Rock to summit (2 miles, 2.5 hours)
Open for Everyone
Hikes are open to all people at all levels of health and can be done on your own or alongside a guide. We look forward to seeing you at a future hike!
How to participate in the Hike for Health Series:
1. Participate as an individual or as part of a team (5-10 people).
2. Each individual or member of a team is encouraged to walk for at least 30 minutes at least twice a week. You can walk on a trail or simply around your neighborhood.
3. Complete as many hikes as you can between March and October 2019 by doing one of the following.
• Join the Chelan-Douglas Land Trust and CVCH on the third Saturday of the month at a designated trailhead. A schedule will be sent to you by email after you signup.
• Do the hike on your own and post a picture of yourself on the trail on social media with the hashtag #2019hikeforhealth
4. At each hike you will have an opportunity to enjoy giveaways and will receive a raffle ticket when you check in. Use the raffle ticket to enter for a chance to win grand prizes in October. After you check in, join us for a guided hike at the beginning of the check-in time (9:15 AM most months; 7:15 AM in July) OR enjoy the hike on your own.
5. If part of a team, each team member present gets an EXTRA raffle ticket if at least five team members show up to a Third Saturday hike. Encourage your team mates to participate to have a better chance to win one of the grand prizes.
6. If you did your hike on your own that week, we will complete a pick up your raffle ticket at the next Third Saturday Hike.
If you have questions or for more information, contact the CVCH Outreach Department at (509) 662-6000 ex. 1090.
Please help us spread the word about this free program by printing the bilingual sign and sharing it with your friends!