The CVCH Diabetes and Nutrition Program: Making a difference in the lives of our communities
In North Central Washington, and all over the country, diabetes is reaching epidemic proportions. CVCH has its own department committed to diabetes education, intervention and prevention. The Diabetes and Nutrition Program, formerly known as Make-A-DIF (Diabetes Intervention and Follow-up), is made up of an entire team of dedicated, qualified, and trained health care professionals. Our diabetes and nutrition team can help you learn about, manage, and even prevent diabetes. We work to delay and prevent the progression of diabetes and its complications.
Our team offers individualized and group education.
Diabetes services include:
- Medication Management / Insulin Management
- Blood Sugar Pattern Management
- Pre-diabetes education
- Personal lifestyle coaching (weight loss, nutrition, exercise, footcare)
- Monthly Support Group
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist services include:
- Weight Management
- Eating Disorders
- High Cholesterol
- Digestive Problems (IBS)
- Overweight Children
- Food allergies
Wellness and disease prevention is a lifestyle thing – making small, reasonable changes. We work with you to set measurable goals then work with you step-by-step as you achieve them. You get to pick the foods YOU LIKE and the activities YOU WANT TO DO.
We are specialists not only in nutrition and diabetes education, but with advanced training in self-management. We work with your provider to offer specialized knowledge about your condition. We have the latest treatment options, like insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitors. We help you pick a medication and diabetes supply plan that fits your lifestyle and a plan you can afford.
The CVCH Diabetes and Nutrition Program team is committed to lowering A1C levels for CVCH patients. We are your coaches, your cheerleaders and your support.
Meet the team:
- Irene Morrow, ARNP, CDE (Nurse Practitioner, Certified Diabetes Educator)
- Mary Zornes, ARNP, CDE (Nurse Practitioner, Certified Diabetes Educator)
- Maria Guzman, RN, CDE (Registered Nurse, Certified Diabetes Educator)
- Shelley Wold, RD (Registered Dietitian Nutritionist) who works in the Chelan clinic