Columbia Valley Community Health is an eligible site for both the National Health Service Corps and WA State Loan Repayment Programs.
National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program
The National Health Service Corps is a competitive program that recruits fully trained and licensed health professionals to provide primary health services in NHSC community sites in selected Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs). In return, the NHSC LRP assists clinicians in their repayment of qualifying educational loans that are still owed.
To be eligible, you must be fully trained, licensed and working at (or in the final stages of employment negotiations with) an NHSC-eligible facility. Eligible clinicians include:
• Allopathic (MDs) or Osteopathic (DOs) physicians
• Primary Care Certified Nurse Practitioners (NPs)
• Certified Nurse-Midwives (NMs)
• Primary Care Physician Assistants (PAs)
• General Practice or Pediatric Dentists (DDSs or DMDs)
• Registered Clinical Dental Hygienists (DHs)
• Health Service Psychologists (HSPs)
• Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs)
• Psychiatric Nurse Specialists (PNSs)
• Marriage and Family Therapists (MFTs)
• Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs)
WA State Loan Repayment Program
The Health Professional Loan Repayment program was created to attract and retain licensed health professionals to serve in critical shortage areas in Washington State.
The program provides educational loan repayment assistance to licensed primary care health professionals (Physician, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Pharmacist, Dentist, or Dental Hygienist). In return for financial assistance, participants agree to serve at an approved site for a minimum of three years.