2019 - 2020 Match Year
Dear Intern Applicant,
Welcome! This page provides some introductory information about the APA-accredited Pre-Doctoral Internship in Clinical Psychology, offered in the Department of Behavioral Medicine at Columbia Valley Community Health (CVCH) in Wenatchee, WA. This pre-doctoral internship program offers an in-depth training experience in clinical and health psychology services at a community health center. With emphases on support and flexibility, our objective is to refine interns' clinical and scholarly skills so that interns are prepared for work in a variety of settings.
For details regarding intern training opportunities, please review our Intern Manual. In general, the focus of training is on the following activities and areas of clinical practice:
- Consultation with medical providers and multidisciplinary functioning
- Integrative healthcare and specifically, Integrated Primary Care Model
- Individual, couples, family, and group therapy with individuals of all ages
- Chronic and acute illness management for a variety of medical and mental health conditions, including chronic pain, diabetes, trauma/PTSD, substance abuse, and dual diagnoses
- Trauma-informed care and treatment of trauma/PTSD
- Prevention and population-based interventions
- Health Psychology
- Crisis management
- Cultural diversity
- Program development and evaluation
To apply, please follow the APPIC guidelines of submitting information via the APPIC PORTAL for our training site. To have your application considered, please send a cover letter and complete AAPI application information. An invitation to tour the facilities and conduct an onsite interview will be extended to candidates being considered. If unable to travel, candidates may elect a Skype or phone interview. The internship runs from August 27, 2019-August 25, 2020 for 1 full year. The stipend is $30,160 and interns are offered benefits, including 3-weeks of PTO.
IMPORTANT: All candidates that will be considered must have a Master’s degree in psychology, mental health counseling, social work, marriage and family therapy, or another related field. After you match with our site, our agency will provide extensive support in obtaining WA licensure at the Master’s level.
See the DOH Mental Health Professions website for more details:
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS IF YOU QUALIFY FOR WA STATE LICENSURE, PLEASE CONTACT DR. BREEDLOVE : at email@example.com
To learn more about the program, please review a copy of our current Behavioral Medicine Doctoral Internship Manual.